Tuesday, February 11, 2014

January goal progress

Goals are attainable but not always the first time you try. I'm a little behind on my book goal, but the weight loss and the cooking are doing well. I've saved up for my emergency fund. and now I can start saving my expenses for the fall. I made an extra payment on Carly and my school loans! YAY for paying off debt!!

One of the recipes I tried was from everydaypaleo.com. "Baked in a Bell" I have posted a link to her website that has a lot of great recipes. I modified the recipe for a little smaller serving. I figured out that I need a little bigger peppers to stuff them a little more. Instead of pancetta I used turkey bacon.

http://everydaypaleo.com/baked-eggs-bell-pepper/

I also made a Chocolate chili (paleo) and it was good over spaghetti squash. The recipe was given to me so I can't post is but I can email it to anyone who wants it.

For my book goal, I read the Divergent series which was three books. I loved the first two but the third one was not the best. I didn't like the ending but I finished the series. I also read The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks, Deeper than Dead (a murder mystery), and Greater by Stephen Furtick. So right now I'm 3 books behind and February is a short month :(

For my healthy goal I've been able to cut out most sugar and starches. I've lost 10 pounds and 13 inches! I am feeling stronger and sleeping better and getting more confidence! The hardest part of this is the meal prep. I spend about an hour after I get back from the grocery store cutting up veggies. Washing and placing in containers that make them easy to grab! The easier it is to grab, the more likely I am to eat it. (FAST FOOD) Summer is going to be even easier because almost ALL fruits are in season so they will be HUGE!!

No comments: